The purpose of this tester is to generate fall down tests of, for instance TV sets and appliances. The principal is that the TV set is standing on a platform which falls down 50mm rapidly. The TV set has a free fall of 50mm.
The test equipment is floor standing and consists basically of:
- Wooden Platform No. 1 to place the sample upon. This platform falls down from a height of 50mm to reach Wooden Platform No 2, which is the support.
- The drivers are pneumatic cylinders. The cylinders first move Platform No. 1 upwards slowly and then let it quickly fall down against platform No. 2.
- The control unit consists of an ON/OFF cycling timer to direct up and down movements, and a counter with an automatic stop.
- IEC – 65, clause 12.11
- Weight – 70 kg.
- Dimensions – 800W x 800D x 700H (mm)
- Supply – Main 230 VAC, 50 Hz Compressed Air 6 bar.